Monday, July 30, 2012

My Sister Shares Her Birthday With Emily Brontë

 As the title suggests, it is my sister, Jessica's, birthday today! She is now 21! She lives in the city, which is an hour and a half away, so I don't get see her very often anymore. But we are going down to visit her for the weekend on Friday, to celebrate and go see the buskers!

Now enough about my sister, this post is mostly about someone else: Emily Brontë
. If you don't know who she is, she was an English author, who was born on this day in 1818. She was a writer, who only published some poems along with her sisters, and one novel. That novel being Wuthering Heights, a gothic romance novel that is beyond words. It is about the passionate, yet doomed love between Catherine Earnshaw, and Heathcliff. And how, untimately, the unresolved passion destroys them and the people around them, but leaves hope for redemption through the next generation. I cannot think of any words to say how utterly amzing this book is, even though that is what words are meant to do. Wuthering Heights is above any praise that I can think of.



So if you have not read it, I implore you to find it. And read it. Wuthering Heights is one of my favourite books, and so I will leave you with two of my favourite passages, both said by Heathcliff..
"Cathrine Earnshaw, May you not rest, as long as I am living! You said I killed you - haunt me then! The murdered do haunt their murderers. I beleive - I know that ghosts have wandered on earth. Be with me always - take any form - drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh, God! it is unutterab;e! I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my souls!"

"In every clous, in everytree - filling the air at night, and caught by glimpses in every object by day, I am surrounded with her image! ... The entire world is a dreadful collection os memoranda that she did exist, and that I have lost her!"


I came across this cuff on the Facebook page for Wuthering Heights, and I was amazed. It is a cuff with passages from the book printed on it, and I want one! It can be ordered on Etsy, here. I will definitely be saving my money for one of these. I can't think of any better accessory then literature.




Tomorrow I will have an outfit post for you, and it includes some butterflies, and shiny jeans! Be sure to come back to see it! :)

3 comments:

  1. That is a really cool cuff! Love the idea of literature on a cuff.

    :)
    Allison

    P.S. I'm having an INTERNATIONAL $75 Shopbop giveaway on my blog, so don't forget to enter! :)
    A's Fashion Files
    $75 Shopbop Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that cuff is amazing!
    Wuthering Heights is a fantastic book :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Wuthering Heights! I just read it this year and it was great. The movie by BBC was also pretty good.
    Love, Evan
    Sweeteelou

    ReplyDelete

Comments/Questions